expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Startled On The Run 4mi Ez Interrupted

I was up late last night doodling instead of resting for my run, I was in a creative space working on my "Sole Man".


In between watching "Saving Mr Banks". 
What do you think?  

Once I finished I turned in for the night.  When the day started peaking through the windows I knew it was time to make the doughnuts.

Before getting out of bed I did some stretching and activating my glutes at a 180bpm while laying on my back.  My handy dandy metronome is getting plenty of air time.


Ok, I'm finally ready to start my day but, first I've got to return a few DVD's before the library cops track me down.  While I was there I picked up a few more.



Can you say procrastination? If today's run was a show it would be called "Run Derferred Till Noon Maybe 5pm".  But first I'm going to watch "Enough Said".

While watching my lucky 2 day loan I got in some core work, push ups, squats, planks, foam rolling etc. 

Alright let's get this run started right!!! It's an easy 4miles, no records will be broken.  Today's plan is to focus on my breathing and cadence.  

1 2 3 4, 1 2 3 4.  I'm falling into a nice  rhythm when "Shook Ones by Mobb Deep" comes on and that's a great tempo song with an easy beat to keep time with.  

Out of no where I do a darting two step to avoid getting attacked. Lol. 



The move was more akin to a wide receiver trying to keep from getting tackled and running out of bounds.  It wasn't pretty, but it was funny.  Ironic given the song that just started playing. 

It was a good run today.  I didn't spend a lot of time checking my pace. My focus was on my internal watch, form and breathing.  

At 3.5mi I decided I'd have pizza as my post run meal, so I stopped placed an order and returned to the run.  That's what I call multi-tasking.



When the run was finished I obviously checked the numbers to see if I hit my cadence target, yes I made it!  184bpm Avg Cad and a Max Cad of 190bpm.


Yeah baby two days in a row.  18mi scheduled for Sunday.  What's on your calendar?

Runr4Lyfe


No comments:

Post a Comment