expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Need A Break? Switch Your Rest Days...

After virtually getting "chicked" earlier this week I needed a moment to regroup.  Have you every been "chicked"?  Do you know what it means to be "chicked"?



It felt horrible and I needed to decompress to get my mind off the event.  $5 Tuesday's at the movies would be the ticket, under normal circumstances I would check the listings instead of randomly popping up.  But today wasn't normal.  It would have made matters worse if my arrival was in the middle of the show, but it wasn't.  I was in a sweet spot with time to grab a bite to eat before the screening. 


Being so distracted I started punishing my plate before taking an appealing Instagram picture.  Perhaps I wasn't down just a tad hungry.

Earlier during the week I made a decision to rearrange my workout schedule so I could get a break in between.  My plan is to arrive on race day strong lean and healthy.  Feeling Sooooo good about my choice I went to see "The Godfather of Soul" James Brown.  


It was good to be able to take my mind off of the training for a moment, I should have stayed away from the popcorn though-(too much butter yuck!!).  Watching the movie took me back to the 80's  growing up in Brooklyn and hopping a train uptown Manhattan and into the Bronx to get some rare James Brown records on wax to play Dj at home. 

After the flick I headed to the grocery store to pick up a some staples, then it dawned on me it was $3 Tuesday's a Kiwi Spoon Frozen Yogurt.


Who knew that frozen yogurt was so good and didn't mention it to me?  It's not ice cream but what the hell its delish.


Kiwi Spoon is all self serve which is awesome you can make it how you like-duh isn't that the definition of self serve.  lol.  In addition to a phenomenal selection of flavors and toppings they've got iPads, wifi a great atmosphere and my favorite color on painted on the walls.

The place was packed, you couldn't tell from the picture, trust me it was crowded.  It will be back to the Grind Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment