expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Silver Linings Playbook 9mi Run


"This is what I believe to be true, you have to do everything that you can, you have to work your hardest and if you do you have a shot at a Silver Linining". 


Yeah I know "Silver Linining Playbook" may be considered a "Chick Flick" but, I loved it.  I thought about it after my 9mi run on Friday, with 7mi @MP.  


I didn't nail my target pace, but I came close. Lol.  Yeah I know there're no rewards for coming close.  But, there is always something to be learned from looking at the "bright spots" so that's what I determined to do. 


Loading up Garmin Connect I could compare an 8mi run from the previous week.  The first thing I noticed was my 9mi run was completed 5min faster than my 8mi run.  My 9mi run was completed in 1:12 with an avg pace of 8:06; my 8mi run was done in 1:17 with an avg pace of 9:41.

The second thing that jumped out at me was my heart rate on my 9mi run it remained consistent, on my 8mi run there was more fluctuation. 


Finally, my avg stride length was 1.07 on my 9mi run and .92 on my 8mi run.  

I spent my rest day at one of my favorite spots, can you guess where?  No not a running specialty store, it was Barnes and Nobel taking care of another addiction.  


In side of Running Times I found a helpful three phase IT treatment plan. Phase 1 reduce pain and inflammation, Phase 2 Massage and Stretching and Phase 3 Strengthing.


I made note of the release I was starting to feel in my right ankle as result of following Michael Fredericson's plan in my Garmin Connect activity log.


While at B&N I also came across this 8wk Strentgh Training guide for rumners.  I like the way the book is layed out.  It answers the question of, why runners need strength training, debunks some strentgh training myths, covers the excercies individually and then packages them into a 8wks worth of workouts.



I took week one with me to the gym, the fire hydrants were killers.  What  strength training excercies do you use?

Runr4Lyfe

No comments:

Post a Comment