expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

All About That Bass Runner

Fun free spirited runner slightly irreverent packed into a middle of the pack runner's body.  Far from an elite runner's slender light frame and speed like a cheetah-but I'm still a runner.  

In September I posted a blog asking if you were a "social or anti social runner"?  At the time I didn't give much thought to Meghan Trainor's smash hit, "All About That Bass" until I watched an episode of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart-strange connection I know nevertheless it is the impetus for this post.  I originally thought of calling it "I See You"-but obviously went  in a different direction.

Random Running Thoughts

Meghan Trainor's catchy beat lyrics and positive message struck a cord in my heart and got me to thinking about someone sitting at home thinking about starting a couch to 5k program and maybe a little self conscious about their appearance to actual get started, I'd say embrace where you are and get started.

When I started running I could hardly make it around a city block before having to stop.  In retrospect I would have sought out and joined a running support group sooner, because the support you receive from these groups is incredible.


Share Celebrate Like Comment Repeat....
As you know my inspiration to start running came from my sister who started running as a way to combat her weight and fight for a healthy lifestyle.  Following her lead I figured it was time to for me to give up a sedentary lifestyle.

Vone in her "Asphalt Kicking Days"  My inspiration!!! 
It has been an amazing journey which felt like I was traveling through a foreign country and had to rush to purchase Rosetta Stone just to be able to relate to others within the community.  Without my Rosetta Stone I would have been lost.  From PB PR intervals BQ to 800's and everything in between it all left my head spinning.  I can only imagine what goes through a new runner's mind when they start lacing up their kicks to hit the road.

So anytime I'm out on a trail or race I make sure let other runner's know that "I See You".  Runner's come in all shapes colors and sizes if you can put one foot in front of the other in a repeated motion your a runner.  I swear there's  a runner inside each of us, I'm convinced of this and I'm reminded of this fact every time I see toddler try to escape the clutches of their parents hands in Target to take off down the aisle-no Garmin Hoka's running skirt or sweaty band.  All kids instinctively want to run and I'm almost certain they're  not thinking about forefoot mid foot heel striking or cadence they just want to be free to run-catch me if you can mom.

Be all about that bass as a runner embrace yourself and where you are and who you are currently in your running journey, feel free to connect with me on FaceBook and share your story, accomplishments etc or just say hey I'd love to hear from ya!

RunR4Lyfe

7 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! I always love when I see the folks, like me, that don't fit that traditional image of a "runner" because I know how much it takes to get out there and do it for all the world to see and judge. I am definitely All About that Bass!!! Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kristen, It's a constant reminder and her fun song helped to drive the point home... There are some days when I may not feel up to it but once I lace up i'm all about that bass!!!

      Delete
  2. Good read. Wife is driving and I had an opportunity to read your blog to her, as she is a beginner. Very motivating for her.
    My wife and I give it 2 �� up. Thanks .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeremy thnx for reading and sharing my blog with your wife I appreciate the 2 Thumbs up!!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this post! I'm a thick chick that wants to run in the worst way!I have walked several 5K races but my goal is to some day run the full race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all good!! You can certainly do it!! My sister got me off the couch and when I started running I wondered why the hell I'd pay to put myself through the pain... Older men and women were beating me, lol. I've learned to just run my own race at my own pace. If there's anything I can do to help you reach your goal connect with me at https://www.facebook.com/Runin4Lyfe?ref=hl

      Delete